Welcome to episode 50 of Optimal Health For Busy Entrepreneurs.
We have Phil Daru stopping by for a discussion on how to approach your training as if your MMA athlete along with sharing his story of building a successful business.
Phil has worked with some of the most elite athletes and fighters in the world such as: Joanna Jedrzejczyk, Dustin Poirier, Jr. Dos Santos, King Mo Lawal, Tecia Torres, Colby Covington, and many more. There’s a high likelihood you won’t be stepping into the octagon soon, but that doesn’t mean you can’t look like you could (or at least take the numerous lessons from it).
Listen to the episode here:
- Never miss an episode by subscribing over at Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Podcasts, or by RSS
In today’s episode, you’ll learn:
- Phil’s backstory
- How Phil juggles managing his fighters, his business, and his family
- Phil’s daily routine
- Business lessons Phil has learned
- Why relationships are our most valuable currency in life and business
- How Phil gets the trust and “buy-in” with his athletes (and it’s directly transferable to your business and personal relationships)
- What separates the good fighters from the elite fighters (it’s the same principles with entrepreneurs)
- His training philosophy and how he has to keep other lifestyle factors in mind (a perfect example of systems thinking)
- How Phil would train a typical entrepreneur
- Recovery methods for today’s athlete (and entrepreneur)
- And more
Resources featured in this episode:
- Daru Strong: https://www.darustrong.com/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/DaruStrong
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/darustrong/
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheDaruDiet/featured
- Email me
- Join our free health optimization newsletter to start becoming mentally, emotionally, and physically superior to the normal human being afl.social/join
- If you’re ready to create a flourishing and thriving life and human system, set up your initial consultation by clicking on this link here.
- Connect with me on Twitter
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- Track your sleep, activity, heart rate, HRV, and more with a WHOOP device and get the first month free