Welcome to episode 124 of Optimal Health For Busy Entrepreneurs.
We have cardiothoracic surgeon, author, and host of Stay Off My Operating Table, Dr. Phillip Ovadia stopping by for a fascinating discussion on all things metabolic health. Dr. Ovadia is someone who was once obese and has since radically transformed his health. He’s now on a mission to empower people to take back control of their health, starting with their metabolic health.
Watch today’s episode:
Listen to today’s episode:
- Never miss an episode by subscribing over at Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Podcasts, Youtube.
In today’s episode, you’ll hear:
- Dr. Ovadia’s origin story
- The most surprising thing about being a heart surgeon
- How Dr. Ovadia went from morbidly obese to metabolically healthy
- What is metabolic health, and what does proper functioning look like
- Why not being obese doesn’t mean you can’t be metabolically unhealthy
- How Dr. Ovadia assesses someone’s metabolic health using five key metrics
- Why you should include Hem A1c and fasting insulin with your fasting glucose blood test
- The myths around cholesterol and how you should be thinking about cholesterol
- What is a CAC (Coronary Artery Calcium) scan is and why does it matter
- Recommended age for CAC scan
- The process around Dr. Ovadia’s telemedicine practice
- And much more
Connect With Dr. Ovadia:
- Metabolic health assessment quiz: https://ifixhearts.co/
- Website: https://ovadiahearthealth.com/
- Stay off My Operating Table Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/stay-off-my-operating-table/id1587212660
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ifixhearts
- Book (Stay off My Operating Table): https://www.amazon.com/Stay-off-Operating-Table-Metabolic-ebook/dp/B09GL4S6G4