Welcome to episode 51 of Optimal Health For Busy Entrepreneurs.
We have Ryan Lester, a Precision Performance Medicine Clinician, and an Epigenetic Coach stopping by for a fascinating discussion on building a resilient and thriving human system. Ryan has been a Physician Assistant for over a decade and is at the forefront of the rapidly evolving field of health optimization and human longevity.
Ryan is a treasure-trove of knowledge and someone who has taught me a lot and is sure to drop a few jewels on you during this conversation. We dive into the fundamentals of health and also explore some of the more precise (and some would call advanced) ways of optimizing your human system. Here’s a formal description of how Ryan is:
Ryan has been a Physician Assistant for over a decade and is on the forefront of the rapidly evolving field of health optimization and human longevity. He received his medical degree at Rochester Institute of Technology in 2009. Over the last decade, he has specialized in Emergency Medicine, Orthopedic and Joint Reconstruction Surgery. He has studied Dietary Epigenetics at Stanford University, is a certified Epigenetic Coach and holds a certification in the clinical application of advanced peptide therapies. He has partnered with The Apeiron Center for Human Potential in Austin, TX in working with clients to elevate their health and well being through genomics-based, Precision Performance Medicine that leverages the latest in cutting edge genetic/epigenetic science, nervous system assessments, blood analysis, biometric monitoring, hormone optimization, and lifestyle design.
Listen to the episode here:
- Never miss an episode by subscribing over at Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Podcasts, or by RSS
In today’s episode, you’ll learn:
- How Ryan is handling quarantine life + how he (and his clients) adjusted
- A counter-intuitive way of looking at the pandemic
- Ryan’s background and reasoning for getting into medicine
- Some of the challenges that Ryan is seeing from his clients during these current times
- The many identities of stress (and why it’s beneficial at times)
- Various technologies used to monitor your stress, cognition, and nervous system
- Recommended wearables to use
- Misconceptions about breathing (and why it’s important to reverse this notion)
- How to improve your breathing starting today
- Foundational supplements to consider
- And much more
Resources featured in this episode:
- Ryan’s website: www.elevatewithryan.com
- Apeiron Center: https://apeironzoh.com/
- Ryan’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ryanlesterapeironaustin/
- Fish oil
- Vitamin D3 & K2
- Email me
- Join our free health optimization newsletter to start becoming mentally, emotionally, and physically superior to the normal human being afl.social/join
- If you’re ready to create a flourishing and thriving life and human system, set up your initial consultation by clicking on this link here.
- Connect with me on Twitter
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- Track your sleep, activity, heart rate, HRV, and more with a WHOOP device and get the first month free