Welcome to episode 25 of Optimal Health For Busy Entrepreneurs.
I often mention that sleep has its strings on every single facet of life. When it comes to optimal health, sleep is the foundational pillar.
And my guest this week, Mollie McGlocklin is here to deliver a masterclass on sleep optimization.
Mollie wasn’t someone who is a naturally great sleeper, it’s something she developed. What initially sparked me to reach out to Mollie was her optimistic outlook along with being a treasure-trove of information when it comes to sleep. I’ve never come across anyone who loves the subject of sleep as much as she does.
I enjoyed this conversation and I think you will as well due to her easy-going spirit along with her impactful advice around sleep. Here’s more information about her:
Mollie is the creator of Sleep Is A Skill, a company that optimizes how people sleep through a unique blend of technology, accountability, and behavioral change. The company was born from “scratching her own itch” after a lifetime of poor sleep habits culminated into a mega-challenging bout of insomnia for months without end. With a background in psychology & human behavior, she went down the rabbit hole to solve her own sleep disturbances without sleeping aids. She became fascinated with chronobiology, and by extension, its practical applications to restore a state of homeostasis not only to her sleep but also to her life as a whole. Knowing the difference between a life with sleep and without, she’s now dedicated her life to sharing the forgotten skill set of sleep.
Listen to the episode here:
- Never miss an episode by subscribing over at Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Podcasts, or by RSS
In today’s episode, you’ll learn:
- How she’s handling life during the quarantine and lockdowns
- What’s glymphatic drainage, how can sleep support it, and why do we care?
- Her nutrition strategy and overall approach to optimal health
- Her origin story
- Why sleep is a skill
- The connection between sleep, HRV Metrics, and dating (seriously!)
- Top habits to becoming a great sleeper
- Beneficial sleep technology
- The importance of our circadian rhythm
- And much more
Resources featured in this episode:
- Website: https://www.sleepisaskill.com/
- Sleep Reset Course: https://www.sleepisaskill.com/sleep-reset
- Weekly Newsletter: https://www.sleepisaskill.com/get-started
- Sleep Is A Skill Podcast: https://www.sleepisaskill.com/podcast
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mollie-mcglocklin-sleep-is-a-skill-82531825/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/molliemcglocklin
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sleepisaskill/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/SleepIsASkill
- Join our free health optimization newsletter: afl.social/join