Welcome to episode 37 of Optimal Health for Busy Entrepreneurs.
What’s it like to be shy, quiet, and so nervous that you can’t be the person you’re truly meant to be? It’s certainly not fun. Take my word on that and today’s guest, Mark Metry.
The Mark you see today isn’t remotely close to the Mark of yesterday. Weighing over 220 lbs with a bevy of chronic illnesses such as depression and even flirting with the idea of suicide—Mark has radically transformed his life. I invited Mark onto the show to discuss this transformation. This episode was packed with jewels and contained a little bit of everything. Here’s more info on Mark:
Mark Metry is on Amazon Prime’s TV Docuseries “The Social Movement” season 2 attempting to solve some of the world’s biggest problems. Mark is also the host of the Global Top 100 podcast called Humans 2.0 featured by Forbes, NASDAQ, and Yahoo Finance as the “Top 21 Growing Podcasts you must listen to in 2019.” Mark’s show has been listened to over 10 million times and features the greatest leaders of our time and frequently converses with Billionaires, Professional Athletes, Pulitzer Prize-winning journalists, and New York Times Bestselling authors exploring today’s dynamic of the human experience in modern technological times of 2019.
Mark Metry routinely consults & educates Fortune 500 companies, conscious organizations, entrepreneurs & startups on podcasting, company communication, marketing, and authentic branding. Mark’s story has been featured in 3 books, including Ditch the Act by McGraw Hill, Standing O! alongside Billionaires and other mavericks, and We’re All Marketers. Mark is the author of Screw Being Shy: How to Eliminate Social Anxiety. Mark has also been a guest on over 120+ podcasts, radio stations, and television.
Listen to the episode here:
- Never miss an episode by subscribing over at Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Podcasts, or by RSS
In today’s episode, we discuss:
- Lessons from Mark’s childhood and how that shaped his adulthood
- The physiological and psychological effects of depression
- Food and it’s relationship to our mental well being
- Quarantine life
- Rebuilding his life from the ground up
- Interviewing some of the high performing individuals in the world
- Social anxiety and how he overcome it
- The 3 people from history he would invite for a roundtable discussion
- His musical starting 5
- His 3 recommendations to becoming a Superhuman Entrepreneur
- And much more
Resources featured in this episode:
- Mark’s Book – Screw Being Shy
- Mark’s – Twitter
- Mark’s – LinkedIn
- Mark’s- Instagram
- Mark’s podcast – Human 2.0
- Mark’s website