Welcome to episode 77 of Optimal Health For Busy Entrepreneurs.
We have Michael James, founder of Frederick Benjamin Grooming, stopping by for a fascinating discussion on creating a product from nothing and then getting it out to the market, and then adding more products while staying sane and emotionally stable.
For years, Michael James watched Black men lose hope in the grooming department. They felt powerless fighting their dry scalps, unsightly razor bumps, and held on to the belief that harmful, ineffective chemicals were their only option. So, Michael set out to find a better way. Inspired by his grandfather’s legacy—the original Frederick Benjamin —Michael developed a regimen of products to help every man sculpt his best self, no matter his style. Man or woman, this is a great conversation that represents the essence of entrepreneurship.
Listen to the episode here:
Watch the episode here:
In today’s episode, you’ll hear:
- Michael’s origin story and lessons from childhood
- About whether it’s better to love to win or hate to lose more
- Michael’s professional background that led to Frederick Benjamin
- Michael’s mindset and initial hurdles to starting Frederick Benjamin
- How Michael emotionally handled the uncertainty of launching a company
- Advice for entrepreneurs on introducing a new product or service to the marketplace
- Common mistakes that entrepreneurs make
- Getting your first few customers
- Why now is the time to be ramping up instead of pulling back
- How Michael is managing life, family, and his own wellbeing
- And much more
Resources featured in this episode:
- Frederick Benjamin’s website
- Michael & Frederick Benjamin’s Instagram
- Superhuman Insider (an email newsletter for high performers) — Join here
- Book a free health optimization overhaul session
- Connect with me on Twitter
- Connect with me on LinkedIn