Welcome to episode 7 of Optimal Health For Busy Entrepreneurs.
Every single facet of life has a string that's intimately tied to your sleep. Sleep is something that's part of our natural way of life and is a necessity.
However, with that said, over the last 100 years—sleep has steadily been on the decline. And that's leaving a lot of potential on the table.
I'm excited to share this episode as I take a deep dive into sleep and also, discuss sleep from the viewpoint of an entrepreneur. Why is it so critical to top performers?
The answers go way beyond fat loss. Expect to learn a lot about sleep along with some simple ways to become a more skilled sleeper.
Listen to the episode here:
- Never miss an episode by subscribing over at Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Podcasts, or by RSS
In today's episode, you'll learn:
- What is sleep
- Why we sleep
- 2 factors that govern our sleep
- Our stages of sleep
- Why sleep is so tricky (and the sleep paradox)
- The unique challenges entrepreneurs face with their sleep
- The 3 biggest reasons why entrepreneurs need to sleep
- The 4 step-process to immediately improve sleep
Resources featured in this episode:
- Chronic sleep deprivation suppresses immune system
- Sleep Habits and Susceptibility to the Common Cold
- Physiology of growth hormone secretion during sleep
- Lack of sleep boosts levels of Alzheimer’s proteins
- How Sleep Clears the Brain
- Circadian Rhythms
- Sleep 101: How Sleep Affects Your Daily Energy Levels