Welcome to episode 6 of Optimal Health For Busy Entrepreneurs.
I reached out to today's guest, Dr. Sharad Paul after I read his wonderful book, The Genetics of Health: Understand Your Genes For Better Health.
I'm excited to share this conversation because not only is Dr. Paul one of the wisest people I know, he also does a masterful job of introducing the importance of genetics and epigenetics along with skin health in this conversation.
Dr. Paul is a skin cancer surgeon, academic, skincare expert, evolutionary biologist, author, storyteller, and social entrepreneur, as well as an adjunct professor at Auckland University of Technology (and this is barely scratching the surface). Born in England, with a childhood in India, he's a global citizen located now in New Zealand. In 2008, he was featured in the international editions of Time and in 2015, was awarded the prestigious Ko Awatea International Excellence Award for Leading (Health) Improvement on a Global Scale.
Listen to the episode here:
- Never miss an episode by subscribing over at Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Podcasts, or by RSS
In today's episode, you'll learn:
- The Genetics of Health: making health and medicine personal
- How historical human migration and diet patterns influence your Vitamin D levels
- The myth of race and why the modern perception of race has it all wrong
- Athletics and it's relation to genetics and epigenetics
- Skincare health
- And much more
Resources featured in this episode:
- Dr. Sharad Paul's website
- The Myth of Race | Sharad Paul | TEDxAuckland
- Dr. Paul's book: The Genetics of Health: Understand Your Genes for Better Health
- More of Dr. Paul's books and interviews
- MindBodyGreen: This Is Exactly How Much Coffee You Should Be Drinking