Welcome to episode 135 of Optimal Health For Busy Entrepreneurs.
We have biochemist and co-founder of TruDiagnostic, Ryan Smith, stopping by for a fascinating discussion on biological age and how it’s one of the most impactful pieces of data that you can possess in your arsenal to optimize your health (and predictor of lifespan). Biological age measures how old you truly are based on various biomarkers.
Ryan explains how they combine technology with a powerful algorithm and look at specific locations of your DNA to predict your biological age precisely.
Watch today’s episode:
Listen to today’s episode:
- Never miss an episode by subscribing over at Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Podcasts, Youtube.
In today’s episode, you’ll hear:
- Ryan’s origin story
- Navigating and making an impact inside a competitive and highly regulated industry
- Why is biological age important and it’s connecting to chronic illnesses
- The process and validity around measuring biological age
- Epigenetics and DNA methylation
- Epigenetic markers it’s many benefits (and some will be very surprising)
- Why aging is not just a health issue, but an economic disaster (the numbers will shock you)
- Why “aging” isn’t inevitable but instead, is a disease that can be treated
- Common factors that accelerate aging
- Race, gender, socio-economic status, and various medications impact on aging
- What’s included in a TruAge report
- Epigenetic markers and its impact starting at preconception
- COVID and its (surprising) impact on aging
- And much more
Connect With Ryan:
- Website: https://trudiagnostic.com/