Welcome to episode 53 of Optimal Health For Busy Entrepreneurs.
We have Aaron Houghton, serial entrepreneur and the founder of ‘The Founders First System’. Being an entrepreneur is oftentimes glorified, and the dark sides are rarely discussed. Entrepreneurs are 2x more likely to have depression, 3x more likely for substance abuse problems, 6x more likely for ADHD, and 11x more likely for bipolar disorders.
In this episode, Aaron is dropping wisdom from being an entrepreneur since the age of 17. You’re going to learn some life habits that will build resilience as you build your company along with a discussion on the importance of your non-work identity.
Listen to the episode here:
- Never miss an episode by subscribing over at Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Podcasts, or by RSS
In today’s episode, you’ll learn:
- Why Aaron’s business exit of over $150 million didn’t deliver “happiness”
- Aaron’s wake up moment and panic attack that changed everything
- Aaron’s backstory and where his entrepreneurial itch began
- Founders First System’s origin
- The importance of your non-work identity
- Why entrepreneurs struggle to connect health and business with each other
- The short term beneficial entrepreneurial habits that become long term detriments
- Using metrics to track your mental health
- How to achieve sustained peak performance
- Advice to entrepreneurs during these weird and highly uncertain times (or any other times of uncertainty)
- Aaron’s mental health and fitness routine
- And much more
Resources featured in this episode:
- Join the Founders First Community: https://community.foundersfirstsystem.com/
- Check out the Founders First Manifesto
- Founder First website: https://www.foundersfirstsystem.com/
- Founders First App: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/founders-first-community/id1509578010
- Connect with Aaron on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/aaronhoughton/
- Email me
- Join our free health optimization newsletter to start becoming mentally, emotionally, and physically superior to the normal human being afl.social/join
- If you’re ready to create a flourishing and thriving life and human system, set up your initial consultation by clicking on this link here.
- Connect with me on Twitter
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- Track your sleep, activity, heart rate, HRV, and more with a WHOOP device and get the first month free