Welcome to episode 118 of Optimal Health For Busy Entrepreneurs.
We hear about our glucose and issues revolving around our metabolic health ad nauseam. But what exactly is insulin, glucose, and more importantly, how are these connected to our rate of aging and ability to get rid of belly fat. What ranges should you be aiming for when you receive back your annual reviews along with other checkups. These are a few things that I address in this episode, plus much more.
Watch today’s episode:
Listen to today’s episode:
In today’s episode, you’ll hear:
- What’s insulin and its role
- What’s insulin resistance and insulin sensitivity
- How the levels of your blood glucose are connected with weight gain, aging, skin health, and much more
- The connection between genetics and insulin resistance
- Why you should be careful with labeling your weight issues and various health ailments
- Why a fasting glucose test isn’t enough
- Why you need to include A1c and fasting insulin on your lab panels
- What’s the optimal range for a Fasting glucose test
- What’s the optimal range for a Hemoglobin A1c test
- What’s the optimal range for a fasting insulin test
- What is glycation and how does it relate to health and aging
- Simple interventions to improve your metabolic health and blood sugar
- Why you should consider supplementing with berberine (here’s the brand I use).
- And much more