Welcome to episode 36 of Optimal Health for Busy Entrepreneurs.
Most people think as you age, you have to slow down and “take it easy.”
However, some people, such as Tony Horton would beg to differ. Tony is here to shatter the notion that people have to slow down because of their age.
Tony Horton is one of the most influential people in health and fitness. However, that doesn’t make him immune to setbacks and obstacles. And in this episode, we’re taking a dive into his journey (and recovery) from the auto-immune disease, Ramsay Hunt Syndrome. We’re also discussing his latest new venture, Power Life Nutrition along with his daily routines.
Tony, much like many of us at some point in time, will need to reinvent ourselves and rebuild ourselves from the ground up. And rebuilding yourself starts with honing in on your health and fitness, and Tony will share insights about this.
I enjoyed this conversation and I think you will as well. There were so many insights and powerful reminders I got from this conversation (and a handful of laughs). Here’s more information about Tony:
Tony Horton is the wildly popular creator of the most successful program in America, P90X®. He’s also the creator of other best-selling fitness series: P90X2®, P90X3®, and Ten Minute Trainer®, and Power 90, to name a few. Tony is a world-class motivational speaker and the author of top-selling books “Bring It”, Crush It!” and “The Big Picture” 11 Laws that will change your life. He has appeared on countless television programs as a fitness and lifestyle expert to promote healthy living through exercise and proper nutrition. And most recently, Tony is the mastermind behind a new supplement line, Power Life, to help people get the protein and nutrients they need.
Listen to the episode here:
- Never miss an episode by subscribing over at Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Podcasts, or by RSS
In today’s episode, we discuss:
- Lessons from Tony’s childhood that shaped his adulthood
- Coming down with and recovering from Ramsay Hunt Syndrome
- Handling uncertainty and tough times
- Keys to entrepreneurial success over the long haul
- Tony’s fitness and nutrition routine
- What’s “active aging” and how to attack aging
- Finding your purpose
- Advice to entrepreneurs on building your career
- The 3 people from history he would invite for a roundtable discussion
- His musical starting 5
- His 3 recommendations to becoming a Superhuman Entrepreneur
- And much more
Resources featured in this episode:
- Tony’s website
- Tony’s nutrition & supplement company — Power Life
- Connect with Tony on Facebook
- Connect with Tony on Twitter
- Connect with Tony on Instagram
- Tony’s Books
- Tony Horton’s Next Level Workouts
- Led Zeppelin
- The Beatles
- Sly and the Family Stone
- The Police
- The 4 Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
- The Magic Lamp: Goal Setting for People Who Hate Setting Goals by Keith Ellis